This course is part of an integrated, university-level curriculum of seven courses (See details below). This course is the third course in that series and should be taken in sequence. Please take the prerequisite courses before taking this course.
- Over 75,000 students in my courses!
- Over 3,800 5-star reviews in my courses!
- This course updated in August 2019
Earn PDU's: Students who complete this course are eligible to receive 4.25 PDU's in PMI continuing education credits. Instructions for claiming PDU's are provided with the last lesson in the course.
Qualify for PMI-ACP Certification: Completion of all seven courses in this series will meet the requirement for 21 hours of training to qualify for PMI-ACP certification.
Money-back Guaranty: Try this course and if you are not satisfied with the value you received from the course, just send an email within 30 days of registering for the course and we will give you a 100% refund.
Develop a very high-impact and adaptive approach to implementing Agile and Scrum projects based on a deeper understanding of Agile/Scrum principles and values that can be adapted to any project and business environment!
Agile training is often limited to the "mechanics" of how to implement Agile and Scrum and that can often lead to weak and ineffective implementation. An adaptive approach that is based on fitting the approach to the nature of the project and to the business environment requires a deeper understanding of the principles behind Agile and Scrum.
This course is designed to provide Project Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and Agile Teams with a deeper understanding of principles and values behind Agile and Scrum and how they can be applied in real-world project situations to develop a high performance Agile approach that is adaptive to any project and business environment.
This course is part of an overall curriculum that is designed around helping students develop the skills required for a high-impact Agile Project Management role. Most students will want to take the complete curriculum rather than individual courses. The complete curriculum should be taken in the following order:
- Agile PM 101 - Learn the Truth About Agile versus Waterfall
- Agile PM 102 - What's the Future of Agile Project Management?
- Agile PM 201 - Understanding Agile at a Deeper Level
- Agile PM 202 - Introduction to Agile Project Management
- Agile PM 301 - Mastering Agile Project Management
- Agile PM 401 - Advanced Agile Project Management
- Agile PM 402 - Enterprise-level Agile Project Management
Students who complete the entire curriculum of all seven courses shown above will receive a signed certificate of completion from the Agile Project Management Academy:
Enroll in a special bundled package consisting of all of the above courses:
Complete Agile Project Management Curriculum - Save $400!
The complete set of seven courses will also meet the 21 hours of training required for PMI-ACP certification.
In addition, there are two optional courses that are designed to supplement the above curriculum:
- How to Prepare for PMI-ACP Certification is intended for students who are interested in using this curriculum to prepare for PMI-ACP certification
- Agile Project Management for Executives is designed to help business managers understand how to implement an Agile Project Management approach that is well-aligned with their business
What Students Are Saying About This Course:
- "Really pleased I took this course as there are clear explanations and Agile / SCRUM are being used in most major corporations to date. Also each quiz really helps with reminding me what I've just been taught :-)"
- "I can recommend this course to anyone seeking a greater understanding of Agile. The subject matter is presented in a clear and concise manner. The recently added lectures providing example Scrum projects help reinforce the learning process"
- This is an excellent, in-depth course on agile and scrum. It is one of the best Scrum courses, and perhaps the best Scrum course, currently available on Udemy. If you are looking for a course that walks you through what to study to pass a scrum certification, this course is not for you. If you are looking for a course that discusses the deeper connections between scrum concepts, their origin, and the motivation for why things are done the way they are, then you will find this an excellent fit. This makes an excellent second or third Scrum course. If you are completely new to Scrum and know nothing about it, start with another Scrum course, such as "Learn the Truth About Agile versus Waterfall" or "Scrum For Beginners and Intermediate, Certification Tips.".
- "I liked that you would discuss the values, principles and some of the practices for Agile/Scrum and contrasted them with other approaches as the traditional waterfall/planning approaches and early Agile approaches (such as XP and MSDM). It was a great summary of the differences as well as the similarities of these alternative approaches. I also thought that the slide presentations were tops - very well done."
- "Clear and easy to understand explanation of Agile and Scrum. Great presentation on Agile vs. Waterfall. Valuable insight to deeper levels of Agile and relationship to TQM and Lean values."
Chuck Cobb is the author of the recent, best-selling book "The Project Manager's Guide to Mastering Agile" as well as four other books on Agile Project Management and Business Excellence and he is one of the most popular and well-known instructors in the area of Agile Project Management with over 30,000 students and over 500 5-star reviews. He has been a featured speaker at a number of PMI Chapter events, agile groups, universities, and PMO workshops throughout the US.
He has a very pragmatic, "real world" approach to Agile that is based on over 20 years of hands-on program/project management experience in a broad range of industries and application areas and he is passionate about helping project managers understand the convergence of Agile and traditional project management principles and practices.
PreviewAgile History (5:10)
StartAgile Manifesto Values (13:12)
PreviewAgile History and Agile Values Quiz
StartAgile Manifesto Principles Part 1 (4:08)
StartAgile Manifesto Principles Part 2 (4:17)
StartAgile Manifesto Principles Part 3 (4:07)
StartAgile Manifesto Principles Part 4 (3:27)
StartAgile Manifesto Principles Quiz
- "Concepts are explained very well with examples. It actually gave me sense of deeper understanding as I was not interested in only understanding the mechanics of Agile."
- "I enjoyed this very informative course at motivating pace. Looking forward for more as I enroll in the followup stages."
- "Instructor is great and updates information to keep up with latest developments. Like the way presented and going to his next course. Really good for Product Managers and Project Managers."
- "I am very satisfied to start my learning journey in Agile and this course delivers more than I'm even expected. It's comprehensive, easy understandable and simultaneously delivered in highly professional level. Thumbs up!"