- Over 80,000 students in my courses!
- Over 3,800 5-star reviews in my courses!
- This course updated in September 2019
Money-back Guaranty: Try this course and if you are not satisfied with the value you received from the course, just send an email to Udemy support and they will give you a 100% refund within 30 days.
Intended Audience: The potential audiences for this course is anyone who needs a solid understanding of how to develop and apply an Agile Project Management approach from a business perspective. That audience includes:
- Senior-level Executives - who are interested in making their business more agile and want to develop a well-integrated approach to fit an Agile development process to their business
- Business Sponsors - who want to learn more about Agile Project Management in order to provide more effective leadership for the initiatives that they are responsible for
- Agile Product Owners or Product Managers - who need to better understand how to effectively perform the Agile Product Owner role. The Product Owner role in Agile is not well-understood and most of the people who might be selected to perform that role are not well-prepared for what it requires
- Business Analysts - who work in an Agile environment and need to optimize their skills to provide a high level of value in that environment
In many areas, “Agile" is becoming a hot new buzz word and everyone wants to jump on the “Agile bandwagon" without necessarily fully understanding why they're getting into it and exactly what they expect to get out of it. Many companies also make the mistake of assuming that whatever is good for the development process is good for the business as a whole and that is not necessarily the case. Successful implementation of Agile requires a lot of skill and it can be difficult to align an Agile approach with a company's business.
Many existing courses for business people in an Agile environment such as Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) are limited to the "mechanics" of how to do Agile. This course goes into much more depth to give business people a very solid and deeper understanding of Agile and Scrum and how to successfully apply it in a business environment. It is basically a condensed version of the very successful seven courses in my Agile Project Management for Project Managers curriculum.
Successful implementation of Agile requires a collaborative partnership between business people and the project team where both have a strong and deep mutual understanding of Agile. The course is designed to help develop that collaborative partnership between:
- Business people taking this course and
- Project Managers taking the complete 7-course Agile Project Management curriculum
What Students Are Saying About This Course:
- "As a senior project manager that deals with executives and their project management "likes and dislikes" on a daily basis I found this overview spot-on. From lecture 1 through 7 Chuck addresses most of the issues that I quite often experience in getting executive to understand the "symbiotic" relationship between Agile and Plan-driven project management. This course is for project managers and executives alike, and after completion you'll have a clear understanding of how Agile and traditional plan-driven approaches can be complementary rather than competitive."
- "Chuck Cobb's presentation Agile Project Management Overview for Executives was informative. I found the course helped reveal misconceptions and stereotypes regarding Agile Project Management. In his instructional course, he helps break down key differences between agile and waterfall project management. He outlines the benefits of agile project management. He once again clearly and concisely communicates in a way that is easy to follow. I look forward to following additional courses in the future."
"Chuck provides a solid understanding of the potential relationship between diametrically opposed project management/development methodologies, and seeks to convince people that a binary choice of methodology is not necessary."
- "Introducing or integrating Agile within an established enterprise can be challenging on many fronts. This course provides a clear, well organized and engaging discussion of some alternative approaches to integrating Agile, including case studies on what does and does not work!"
Chuck Cobb is the author of the recent, best-selling book "The Project Manager's Guide to Mastering Agile" as well as four other books on Agile Project Management and Business Excellence and he is one of the most popular and well-known instructors in the area of Agile Project Management with over 30,000 students and over 500 5-star reviews. He has been a featured speaker at a number of PMI Chapter events, agile groups, universities, and PMO workshops throughout the US.
He has a very pragmatic, "real world" approach to Agile that is based on over 20 years of hands-on program/project management experience in a broad range of industries and application areas and he is passionate about helping project managers understand the convergence of Agile and traditional project management principles and practices.
- "Presents business side of agile transformation clearly"
- "Chuck provides a solid understanding of the potential relationship between diametrically opposed project management/development methodologies, and seeks to convince people that a binary choice of methodology is not necessary."